Thursday, January 27, 2022

Poems for a Rainy Day, or Verses in Educational Philosophy

[Written -- actually typed on a typewriter! -- decades ago]

 

HEURISTICS

Heuristics lend a helping hand

For things hard to understand.

I wonder who invents these cues

That I so often have to use?

Would I be too strict a purist

If I called him (or her) a heurist?

  

EPISTEMOLOGY

Epistemology – ways of knowing,

How we can tell the grass is growing.

Observation, intuition,

Then there’s always

Superstition.

 

Some folks like things they can measure,

Others insight really treasure;

Me, I always opt for leisure.

 

QUALITATIVE METHODS

Naturalistic inquiry

Looks at how folks think and see

In the context of their place and time.

Hermeneutics doesn’t have rhyme.

But I still would be a little leery

Of distinguishing it from grounded theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad people doing bad things? Good people doing good things? What do we need?

To say that there is a lot of disagreement in the world today, including in the US, is an understatement. We also hear folks, sometimes incl...